We are advertising for a new Rector to lead the three traditional churches in the united benefice of St Anne, St Michael’s in Lewes, and St Thomas a Becket at Cliffe with All Saints.
This is a marvellous opportunity for a man or woman to immerse themselves deeply into the church, community, and civic life of this thriving, quirky and historic county town. The three churches of the benefice can offer their new rector a strong supporting team of clergy and lay people, committed worshipping communities, well-maintained historic church buildings and a history of local engagement.
We are looking for a priest who:
- will offer strategic and sensitive leadership;
- can discern and nurture the gifts of all;
- leads worship adeptly across our range of Catholic tradition;
- will build on our existing links to develop our mission and outreach;
- is of deep pastoral and spiritual sensibility;
- is an accomplished preacher and teacher;
- will use reflective theological practice to offer insight and guidance;
- is, ideally, a person with a love of music and the arts.
Benefice profile HERE
St Thomas’ Annual Report 2019 HERE
About our Church – information for Candidates – HERE
For an informal conversation, phone the archdeacon, Martin Lloyd Williams on 07395 412784 or Canon Judith Egar on 07395 906433.
For application material, email: email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications – 15th October 2020
Interviews – 27th October 2020