Could you be the new Rector of Lewes? The role is to oversee three parishes in the East Sussex county town: St Anne’s, St Michael’s in Lewes, and St Thomas’ at Cliffe with All Saints’.
This is a marvellous opportunity for a man or woman to immerse themselves deeply into the church, community, and civic life of this thriving, quirky and historic county town. The three churches of the benefice can offer their new rector a strong supporting team of clergy and lay people, committed worshipping communities, well-maintained historic church buildings and a history of local engagement.
We are looking for a priest who:
- will offer strategic and sensitive leadership;
- can discern and nurture the gifts of all;
- leads worship adeptly across our range of Catholic tradition;
- will build on our existing links to develop our mission and outreach;
- is of deep pastoral and spiritual sensibility;
- is an accomplished preacher and teacher;
- will use reflective theological practice to offer insight and guidance;
- is, ideally, a person with a love of music and the arts.
For an informal conversation, phone the archdeacon, Martin Lloyd Williams on 07395 412784 or Canon Judith Egar on 07395 906433.
For application material, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications – 1st May 2021