Please help us to maintain our work in the parish – and to maintain the upkeep of our historic church.
We work and raise money to provide support to local people in our community. We also want to maintain this beautiful and historic Grade II* Listed building. It has our constant care: the ancient fabric needs continuing sensitive but expensive repair work. Recent jobs have included extensive leadwork and roof repairs to the south aisle, new lighting and handrails in the tower, and external stone and flint wall repairs.
Contributions towards our community support (see Other Causes, below) and our repair bills are always most welcome. And are gratefully received!
HEAR YE, HEAR YE! We’re currently fundraising to install a new sound system in church. It will give high-quality sound wherever you’re sitting. And include an improved Loop for hearing aid users with a T switch. Your donation will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Donate online here, securely by credit or debit card
Other ways to donate
- By bank transfer; please email our Secretary for our bank account details, or you can use the convenient Gifts form (Word or PDF version) and email that to her. The Gift form includes a simple Gift Aid form which you may also want to complete.
- Or send a cheque to the Treasurer, c/o 20 Chapel Hill, Lewes BN7 2BB, tel 01273 476 705, cheques payable to “St Thomas a Becket Church”.
Other Causes that you may like to help our church to support:
- Family Support Work helps families in Sussex to overcome difficulties and prevent crisis – issues such as poverty, ill health, learning difficulties, bereavement, family break-up and domestic abuse.
- Join Ride and Stride: get sponsorship to walk or ride (bike, horse, car, electric buggy) to churches across the county. Annually on the second Saturday of September, it’s backed by Sussex Historic Churches. You can visit some of the 600 churches and chapels involved, and explore parts of Sussex you may not normally see.
- Caring and Sharing “Live more simply that others may simply live” is the motto of this East Sussex charity. We support their project in Olinda, Brazil, that gives support to boys who are at risk (see opposite, right).
- Churches Together Lewes donates to local projects and the Food Bank at the Phoenix Centre here in the Cliffe.
- We also support the Church of England Children’s Society
For advice on these opportunities please email our Treasurer.
If you are a UK taxpayer, you may ‘Gift Aid’ your donation. This increases its value to us by 25% without any additional cost to you.
Simply download our Gift Aid form – choose the editable Word version and then email it to us, or the PDF version which you can print out, complete by hand, and then either scan and return by email, or post it to the address shown on the form.
Caring & Sharing
‘My Father’s House’ was started to help boys who live on the streets near Olinda, Brazil. Originally an 80 acre coconut plantation, it offers youth camps, family camps and monthly prayer vigils. Families come from the Olinda tip and spend a weekend living and playing together as a family unit and are taught basic family skills. A Teen Brigade from the church comes out regularly to learn survival skills. Latest news is that they have started computer courses for beginners – children, teenagers, and mums.