At St Thomas à Becket’s we take the safeguarding of our children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously.
Safeguarding shows God’s love in action and in our church demonstrates safety and security where abuse and mistreatment of others is not tolerated.
Everyone involved in safeguarding positions undergoes Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, and receives regular training and updates.
PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER: Mrs Joanna Hill. Tel: 01273 472545.
- Our Parish safeguarding policy may be found HERE.
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111 https://www.childline.org.uk/
- If you are an adult and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please click on this link to find out how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact. https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/Ihavebeenabused/
- If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click on this link. https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/contacttheteam/
- If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click on this link, click on the option on the left that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and follow the advice and further links you find there. Please remember to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well once you have contacted the statutory authorities. https://safeguarding.chichester.anglican.org/whatdoidoif/